The method below describes how to use EndNote to gather PDFs and upload them back into DistillerSR without using the .enlx file (which is limited to 500 MB). Please note you must maintain DistillerSR RefIDs using the method described in the article here, and use the filter established with this process to import into EndNote.
- Export RIS from DistillerSR after initial Screening Level(s).
- Import into Endnote using filter established to map ID field to Research Notes field for all reference types.
- Change the PDF Handling in EndNote (Edit > Preferences > PDF Handling > Custom). Select Research Notes + Author + Year. This adapts the naming of the PDFs to conform to DistillerSR bulk PDF import format.
- Update records in EndNote (References > Find Reference Updates).
- Find full text in EndNote (References > Find Full Text).
- Open up the Endnote library data folder and select the PDF subfolder.
- Search the PDF subfolder for all PDFs (*.pdf).
- Copy and paste all PDFs into a separate folder.
- This folder can then be uploaded into DistillerSR (References > Full Text Documents > Bulk Upload).